miércoles, 15 de noviembre de 2006

Cloudless Sky (o 1721 días y contando)

Today, I’ll be a chopped-winged crow.
The frightful phone rang for the third time.
The first time
Began as a warm call …
wasn’t going to last.

The pain was like being killed with red-hot needles,
brought back to life,
recovered consciousness
and having your skin shaved off with the dullest knife
Doce Cuentos Peregrinos
helped me to bear the sensations
kept me awake.
Read eleven that night
thought about him.

The second time was my mother, How was your trip?
The third my grandma, When are you coming?
I’ll be there in a minute, I said as I tucked in my shirt.

My friend, his friend, was waiting in the car.
The magnificent sun in the cloudless sky;
beautiful day, funny thing, we usually met at night.

On the way downtown silence
Smoke filled the car;
uncertainty, my heart

Family, strangers, friends
They were all there
It was a rain of flooding eyes
under the cloudless sky.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

I have always loved this poem, but it has always made me feel really sad.