sábado, 31 de julio de 2010

Un vestido y una flor (te vi).

A Dress and A Flower (I Saw You)

I saw you,
you were collecting daisies from the table cloth.
I know I treated you badly enough.
I don't know if you were an angel or a ruby,
or if I simply saw you.

I saw you.
You came out from among the people to say hi.
The stars laughed again.
The key of Mandala broke,
or I simply saw you.

It goes without saying.
The lights are always on in the soul.
And when I get lost in the city,
you could understand,
that is just for a little while.
I would have to cry or to go out to kill.
I saw you, I saw you, I saw you,
I wasn't looking for anyone and I saw you.

I saw you.
You were smoking blunts in Madrid.
There are things that help you to live.
You didn't do anything but to write
and I simply saw you.

I left,
I go every once in a while to a place.
I know, you don't like this country.
You had a dress and a love
and I simply saw you.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Thank you for this translation. Es la única que he podido encontrar. Obviamente la letra suena mas poética en español, pero si no hubiera leído esta página no entendería exactamente que significaban algunos de los versos. I am not a native spanish speaker but I fell in love with Caetano Veloso's version of this song. ¡Mil gracias por compartir tu traducción!